Sunday, August 2, 2009

Makeup Madness


A long awaited photo shoot since I started my program. This long weekend, classes are canceled and a few of us decided to use this opportunity to get together and do a shoot. We did it at Jackie's place because she has a home stay who did photography as a hobby and is quite talented at it. You can check out his work at tonyworkshop.com. The shoot was fun but probably would have been more enjoyable if it wasn't so hot that our makeup melted off. It was a lot more hectic than we expected and we definitely learned from this experience. Stupidly, I forgot my usb drive I so don't have most of the pictures other than the few I sent to my own email.

It's already August and my birthday is coming up soon! Chris, where are the birthday plans? I'm turning 25 which is a big number! It's that age that if you say you're old, the people in their thirties and forties glare at you. But you can't really say you're super young anymore when all hot singers, actresses, and pageant girls are in their teens or very early twenties. And many things start to cross you're mind, like marriage and financial state which hopefully will lead to owning some kind of living space. Sometimes, you feel like you're running out of time and life is already closing in on you but I'm sure that perspective is laughable to anyone older. That's a little problem I have when I'm at work considering my departmental colleagues are at retirement age and I have to hold my tongue when it comes to making comments about me feeling old. At any rate, being 25 is a milestone because this is the age that our brains have finally reached maturity (well, most people based on cognitive studies) so if I haven't killed myself by making stupid decisions by now, I'm probably going to be alright. Well, it's not exactly my birthday yet, but praise Him for carrying me through 25 eventful years and blessing me in many outward and hidden ways!

2 comments:

  1. good pic! love the makeup. photoshop the light switch out and it'll look studio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i didn't even realize that the light switch was there. i don't really know how to photoshop that away but i just learned how to restructure someone's face and body! so much fun

    ReplyDelete