Monday, December 6, 2010

Not giving thanks?

This is a short insert from the very slow thanksgiving blog entries.  I think the reason I'm having a lot of difficulties writing about what I'm thankful for is because I've just been really bitter lately.  It's either the stress from long work hours or lack of sleep or something but I'm so sensitive to any and every negative comment and I have lost all patience with people.  Say something slightly offensive to me and I'd want to backhand smack you.  On top of all that, my bitterness is causing me more stress because I know I shouldn't be like this, but the stress doesn't help me figure it out faster and it's making me more bitter.  Endless cycle!!!  Why have I become like this?  I pray the Lord pull me from this pit soon.  Anyone else who read this blog, I would appreciate if you prayed for me as well.  Thanks in advance.

5 comments:

  1. will do E, it's ok we all have one of those days. and then we all get back up again : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw forgot to ask u, what's the jolly cafe? is it a new business you started up? deets pls! sounds exciting. what do you serve/make?

    ReplyDelete
  3. God answers prayers! Praise the Lord!

    Jolly Corner Cafe is this annual cafe we run after school around this season. It's run by me and the Catering Club. We get this front all decorated like a cafe and people order from menus and we serve them. The money goes toward the foods program. You and Stephen are welcome to come! It's next Tuesday at 3:30pm =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwe Elena, I'm about 10 days late in reading this, but I hope you've been feeling more positive lately. If not, we will continue to pray for that.

    What's great about the Gratitude Challenge is that it lifts you up from that state. This one time, I was fuming, I had a lump in my throat, my heart was pounding and I was absolutely fighting back tears. Worst thing is, I was in CLASS, so I didn't want to break down there. I prayed before class too, and tried to take deep breaths before stepping in. But it didn't work =(
    So I began to write down my gratitude list, ANYthing, from yoga pants, to a Lululemon hoodie, any tiny little thing I could be grateful for. It was actually the only thing that finally calmed me down.
    I'll pray that the Challenge may be able to bring you peace too so it won't be so ...challenging <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Selena! Unfortunately I still haven't been able to pick up the habit of writing down things I'm grateful for. Sooooo slow...

    ReplyDelete