Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Today, I finally learned the origin of Valentine's Day.  Apparently, there was a priest named Valentine who was martyred for his beliefs.  However, he was filled with so much love that he continued to love those who persecuted and eventually killed him.

Most people relate this holiday to chocolates and roses and romantic feelings between couples.  Who really knew that the origin was rooted in something not so romantic, but courageous and admirable?  So...shall we say 'happy holidays' to be politically correct? ;)

Here are some photos of delicious Valentine's Day treats I taught my classes.  You can make them, too!

Quick Chocolate Cake that I made with the Grade 9/10s.  Not the best quality as I stole it from my student who took a picture of my demo cake with his camera phone.



Valentine Napoleons that I made with the Grade 11/12s.  The puff pastries were a pain to work with but the product is beautiful.


So to all people who love someone, anyone, or everyone - Happy Valentine's Day!





2 comments:

  1. yeah that one is pretty! i was impressed myself haha. it's even better if you're willing to shell out the money to fill them with raspberries

    ReplyDelete